How to use dura cote
Cementitious coating for brick, palster, mortar, screeds and concrete
dura.cote decorative waterproofing is a polymer modified cementitious based aesthetically decorative or waterproofing coating for walls and floors in both domestic or commercial applications. The product mixes easily with water to provide a smooth paste consistency applied by brush or trowel for smooth or textured finishes all in one application.
1 x Stiff bristle brush
1 x Spray bottle
1 x flat paddle or mortar mixer
1 x 5 kg dura.cote decorative waterproofing
1 x 1 kg dura.crack filler
1 x clear sealer (abe. seal finisol or abe,cote tough PU paint)
GOOD TO KNOW:
The surface must be pre-dampened prior to application but have no free water present.
Choose your colour
- Wide range of colours available: charcoal,, limestone, oat, sand, tan and white
The surface is to be sound, thoroughly cleaned by means of a wire or stiff bristle brush ensuring that it is free of all loose and friable material, paint and foreign matter.
Static cracks need to be scraped clean ensuring that all dust and loose particles are removed and filled with dura.crack filler.
For decorative finishes adjoining surfaces where one side is painted the corresponding side also needs to be painted in the same colour and allowed to dry to avoid colour variations prior to applying the dura.cote decorative waterproofing. Dry wall portioning joints require jointing tape and the entire surface to be painted with a suitable oil based primer.
5 kg dura.cote decorative waterproofing to 2 litres of water.
- Add 1.6 litres potable water to a clean mixing vessel and whilst stirring using a flat paddle or a suitable mortar mixer slowly sift 5 kg dura.cote decorative waterproofing into the water
- Continue mixing until a smooth lump free consistency is obtained.
- Add the balance of water, 0.40 litres and mix thoroughly for at least 3 minutes until a homogenous smooth consistency is obtained.
- Continue mixing during application to prevent any product settlement.
- To the pre-dampened surface liberally apply the dura.cote decorative waterproofing using a suitable brush ensuring that all fine cracks, pinholes and depressions are covered.
- The surface needs to be cured with a fine mist spray of water as soon as the surface will not be marred and this must be maintained for at least 6 to 8 hours to prevent crazing or cracking.
- In hot climates or in direct sunlight and high winds the surface needs to be protected to prevent rapid drying of the product.
- Should a second coat be required, pre-dampen the surface after the first coat has dried for approximately 6 to 8 hours and repeat the first coat process.
GOOD TO KNOW:
The brush type will dictate the type of texture-finish required.
- Once the dura.cote decorative waterproofing has dried sufficiently apply a fine mist spray to wet the surface for at least 24 hours to minimize crazing or surface dusting.
- Where windy and hotter climates are experienced curing becomes more critical.
- Allow the application to dry before applying an appropriate clear sealer.
- In colder conditions the product will cure slower and do not apply the product unless the surface and ambient temperature is greater than 5 oC or when rain is imminent.
- 25 kg: 5 m2 at approximately 5 mm thick
- 5 kg: 1 m2 at approximately 5 mm thick