How to waterproof your roof with peel and stick membrane
It is strongly recommended that when you need to do waterproofing and you want to ensure quicker turnaround time, choose a peel-and-stick membrane. is a self-adhesive waterproofing membrane comprising of bitumen incorporated in a polypropylene fabric that is easy to apply – no special equipment required, just measure, cut, peel and stick. Furthermore easily coat it with a cementitious or acrylic paint to match the surrounding structure. Ideal for low thresholds that will not accommodate multi-layer built up systems to receive tiles and waterproofing floor areas of patio’s, balconies, wet areas in kitchens, bathroom and showers to receive tile adhesive and tiling
What you'll need
- 1 x paint brush
- 1 x utility knife
- 1 x rubber roller
- a.b.e.® peel and stick membrane (supplied in 10 m x 150 mm, 10 m x 300 mm and 10 m x 600 mm rolls) Note: Rather use super laykold tape (if you don’t need to cover it with paint or tile adhesive – UV resistant).
- Primer: bitu.®prime – 1 L, 5L, 25 L and 200 L containers
- Cleaner: a.b.e.® super brush cleaner – 1 L, 5 L and 25 L containers
- Top coat: a.b.e.® super laycryl or duraflex® or a.b.e.®.proof PU eco – 5 L containers
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Side and end laps are to be a minimum of 50 mm for 150 mm and 300 mm wide rolls.
- For 600 mm wide rolls, side laps are to be a minimum of 50 mm and end laps 100 mm.
- Low thresholds that will not accommodate multi-layer built up systems to receive tiles.
- Waterproofing floor areas of patio’s, balconies, wet areas in kitchens, bathroom and showers to receive tile adhesive and tiling.
How To: 3 Steps
- The surface needs to be clean, sound, dust free and dry.
- All surfaces must be smooth without sharp protrusions that may puncture the membrane.
- Prime all prepared surfaces using bitu.®prime and allow it to dry.
- Ensure all inside and outside detailing are completed first.
- Measure, cut and peel.
- Remove release paper.
- Carefully apply the membrane whilst you remove the release paper and by hand firmly press the a.b.e.®peel and stick membrane onto the prepared primed surface.
- Using the rubber roller ensure that there are no creases or air bubbles present and fully bonded to the substrate.
- Heat weld overlaps.
Do You Want To Know More About This Product?